Looking for a tasty and budget-friendly way to eat keto? Look no further than this 3-carb meal idea that is both delicious and easy on the wallet. With low-carb eating made affordable, you can enjoy the benefits of a ketogenic diet without breaking the bank. Discover a healthy and inexpensive meal that’s perfect for anyone looking to eat keto on a budget.
Low-Carb Eating Made Affordable: Try This Budget-Friendly Keto Meal
Some people may have the misconception that following a low-carb, high-fat ketogenic diet comes with a hefty price tag. However, with a bit of planning, a keto diet can be both healthy and budget-friendly. In this article, we will explore a tasty and inexpensive keto meal prep recipe that you can easily make at home.
The Recipe: Egg White Wraps and Keto Enchiladas
To create this budget-friendly keto meal, we need two recipes: egg white wraps and keto enchiladas. Here are the recipes for each:
Egg White Wraps
- 6 egg whites
- ½ tsp of xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp of baking powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk together until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and cook the wrap like how you would cook a pancake.
- Flip it to cook both sides until golden brown.
- Once done, take it off the heat and let it cool down before using it to make keto enchiladas.
- 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 16 egg whites
- 2 cups of chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 ½ cups of cheese, shredded
- 3 tbsp of protein powder
- ½ cup of enchilada sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a skillet, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat.
- Whisk the egg whites, pour them into the skillet, and cook until done.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix 1 cup of the cheese with 3 tbsp of protein powder and spread the mixture over the egg white wrap.
- Add 2 cups of cooked and shredded chicken onto the cheese mixture.
- Roll up the wrap, cut it into two equal pieces, and place each piece in a baking dish.
- Pour the enchilada sauce all over the top and sprinkle 1 cup of shredded cheese all over the enchiladas.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese has melted and bubbly.
Serving Suggestions and Nutritional Information
This recipe serves 16 and each enchilada provides 380 calories and 28.7g of protein. Here are some serving suggestions:
- Add some avocado slices, sour cream, chopped jalapeño, and cilantro on top of the enchiladas before serving.
- Pair the enchiladas with a side of roasted veggies or a crispy salad.
7-Day Meal Plan Available on Patreon
If you’re looking to plan your meals in advance, you can find a 7-day meal plan created by KetoFocus on their Patreon page. The meal plan is based on the recipes provided and can be customized according to your preferences.
KetoFocus on Social Media
KetoFocus is a cooking blog that shares keto-friendly recipes and meal ideas. You can find them on their website, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. They also have a YouTube channel that provides tutorials on cooking keto recipes.
Healthy eating doesn’t mean you need to spend a fortune on your groceries. By using simple ingredients and some creativity, you can easily whip up a delicious and affordable keto meal. Give this recipe a try and let us know your thoughts!
- Is this meal suitable for people with celiac disease?
A: Yes, it’s gluten-free. However, make sure the protein powder used is gluten-free as well.
- Can I use regular flour instead of xanthan gum?
A: No, xanthan gum is a thickener and binding agent used in place of flour.
- Can I use beef instead of chicken to make the enchiladas?
A: Absolutely. You can substitute the chicken with another protein of your liking.
- Can I freeze the enchiladas for later?
A: Yes, you can. Just make sure to wrap them tightly with plastic wrap before keeping them in the freezer.
- How long does it take to make this dish?
A: It takes around 45 minutes to prepare, cook, and bake the enchiladas.